Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время
The verdict against "Vasylkiv terrorists" will be appealed, according to public prosecutor Kostiantyn Kulakovsky, reads a statement posted on the Web site of the Prosecutor General's Office, with reference to the press service of the Kyiv Regional Prosecutor's Office.
"State prosecutors believe that the verdict given by the court in this case is too soft. The position of the prosecutor's office was to offer a sentence of up to nine years in prison... I will challenge the sentence passed by the court at a court of appeal," he said, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
Kulakovsky said that there was reason to doubt the intentions of the defendants.
"The events in question are terrorism in its classical form. The evidence of guilt of the convicts is the seizure from them of illegally purchased arms, ammunition, psychotropic substances and explosive devices," he said.
He also said all the evidence had been obtained legally and had been confirmed during the trial.
As reported, on January 10, the Kyiv Sviatoshynsky court of Kyiv region found Ihor Mosiychuk, Volodymyr Shapra and Serhiy Bevz guilty of the intention to blow the monument to Lenin in Boryspil during the Independence Day celebrations in 2011 and sentenced them to six years in prison each.
According to the Ukrainian Security Service's press office, a homemade explosive device and about a hundred leaflets "with extremist appeals" were found in the premises rented by the defendants.
A criminal case was opened against the men, who were charged with the preparations to carry out a bombing, public appeals for committing terrorist attacks and illegal making of an explosive device by members of a number of extremist public and political organizations.