This year will be remembered for simplification of Schengen visa issuing procedure, for celebration of 1025th anniversary of Christianization of Rus', for new traffic rules, for the last drafting in the army, for prostrated monument to Lenin and release of Yuri Lutsenko.
Though we have not elected a new mayor, we have held by-elections in troubled districts, we have shifted to winter time and started traveling by individual tickets.
This year has also been successful for Ukrainian sport. We have applied for staging winter Olympics-2022, have held Eurobasket-2013 and World Rhythmic Championship in the capital. Our biathletes won gold in Austria, the national football team beat France and Volodymyr Klichko defended his title of World Box Champion.
We are entering the year of 2014 at a loss but full of hopes. ForUm has asked famous Ukrainians what they would wish our people for the incoming year.
Vladyslav Lukyanov, MP (Party of Regions faction):
- This year has brought many challenges, so I wish for the next year all the surprises of fate to be pleasant. May the year 2014 be simpler and easier for the country than year 2013. Happy holidays!
Yaroslav Sukhyi, MP (Party of Regions faction):
- I sincerely wish our compatriots good health, happiness and success. May 2014 be better and calmer than 2013.
Oleh Liashko, MP (non-factional):
- I congratulate all Ukrainians on the New Year! I wish everything be fine, all your dreams, even the most secret, come true, and that we all live in the decent country.
Mykhailo Kalnitsky, Kyiv historian and ethnographer:
- I wish that saying "A good year beginning makes the whole year good" come true for Ukrainians. I wish them to welcome the New Year in a balanced and well-ordered mental state, and I wish them all complex issues be solved. The most important thing is that no problems associated with socio-political issues should prevent us from having fun and celebrating New Year holidays.
Andriy Pavlovsky, MP (Batkivshchyna faction):
- I want to congratulate my fellow citizens on Christmas and New Year holidays and wish all Ukrainian families welfare, health and prosperity in the coming year. I hope the next year be easier, economic and political problems be resolved positively, and prospects remain open for Ukraine. And if the country has prospect, every Ukrainian will have it too. I hope for that.
Volodymyr Yavoryvski, MP ("Batkivshchyna"):
- The last days and hours of the outgoing year are passing, and let this year to go into history. I think Maidan will go down in Ukrainian history forever. I wish every Ukrainian big happiness in 2014 and invite everyone to welcome the New Year and celebrate Christmas in Maidan. We will cook Cossack kollyva in big cauldrons for every comer to taste. We will look into each other eyes and welcome the New Year. It must, after all, bring Ukrainians freedom, prosperity and happiness.
Oleh Skrypka, leader of the band "Vopli Vidoplyasova" (VV):
- Happy New Year and Merry Christmas! I wish you happiness, health, inspiration and prosperity! I invite everyone to celebrate Christmas together in "Kraina Mryi", which will take place on January 5 and 7 in Cossack village "Mamayeva sloboda"! It's gonna be fun!
Lesya Orobets, MP ("Batkivshchyna):
- I wish Ukrainians to preserve and develop those networks of communication and cooperation, which were formed at the yearend in all cities where mass protests were held. I wish this cooperation to result into signing of the Association agreement and joining the EU as an equal partner. I wish our politicians be educated and worthy our society.
Jamala, Ukrainian singer:
- As a singer I can tell that the sense of any song is not to finish it with upper note, but to live every line and every phrase. The same concerns our lives: do not expect a miracle, but make your dreams come true with actions and thoughts. Appreciate and live every moment and do not miss details. Enjoy the moment and be happy. Happy New Year!
Iryna Shynkaruk, Ukrainian singer, national artist of Ukraine:
- I wish your physical and spiritual health, worldly and political wisdom. I wish you to accomplish a small good deed every day. If everyone of us does a small miracle, the world will change for the better. Thus, I wish you inspiration for good deeds.
Andriy Kurkov, writer:
- I wish all Ukrainians optimism and faith in European future of Ukraine.
Oleksandr Stoyan, MP (Party of Regions):
- I congratulate all Ukrainians with 2014. Unfortunately, the year of 2013 was the year of Snake, which was biting people. but the year of 2014 is the year of Horse, and horses are kind animals. I wish people kindness, health and happiness and live and work quietly. I wish those three guys be wise and clever horses and stop jeering at the people of Ukraine.
Oleksandr Ohrymenko, president of Ukrainian analytical center:
- I wish Ukrainians stability and confidence in the future. It is enough to have "doomsdays" and "maidans", it is time to start living. Indeed, our life is not so easy, but it is not bad, and in 2014 it will be even better.
New Year Eve and Christmas are family holidays for me, and it is not so important where to spend them, but how and with who. I wish you these holidays be full of light, happiness and good mood.
Roman Bezsmertny, former head of the President's Administration:
- At the end of this year Ukrainians gave a good account of themselves. We can say that the major part of Ukraine is entering the year of 2014 trusting in changes for the better. The matter does not concern the integration or non-integration with Europe, but the civil spirit and determination to manifest it. Thus, I wish Ukrainians patience and confidence.
New Year holidays are days to spend with the family. As for Christmas, it is a good time to think about your place in this life, about plans and hopes for the future. I wish your plans and dreams come true.
Pavlo Rozenko, MP ("UDAR"):
- I wish the year of 2014 be watershed in history of Ukraine. I wish it changes the life of Ukrainians for the better. I wish every Ukrainian to realize the power of the nation. I wish our people new achievements, new victories, prosperity and health in every family.
Oleksandr Shevchenko, MP ("Svoboda"):
- First of all, I wish Ukrainians peaceful life in 2014, and I wish this peaceful life have stable grounds and no worries. I wish Ukrainians be inspired by the life of Jesus Christ, be kind, just and self-rigorous. Ukrainians, you have my best wishes.
Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время