Alla Myronenko, chief of the department of respiratory and viral infections of Gromashevski Institute of epidemiology and infectious diseases, told a press conference that the flu epidemic will start not earlier than the New Year, ForUm's correspondent reports.

"First we observe the epidemic in Western Europe countries: England, Spain, Portugal, and then it moves to the east. It takes about four weeks to arrive in Ukraine. For the moment, the situation is quiet in Europe," she said.

In turn, Mykola Krentovski, deputy chief of the State Sanitary-Epidemiologic Service department on state sanitary-epidemiologic control, noted that the flu epidemic situation is within the norms. "40 thousand 500 people fell sick with flu during the 38th week of 2013, 547 patients were hospitalized and no lethal outcomes were registered. For the 39th week the diseased rate has grown somewhat, but it is still within the norm," he said.

Krantovski added that this year figures do not differ much from the last year, and the situation with flu remains stable and predictable. 

To avoid flu, specialists recommend not to visit crowded places, eat well, not to stay in the cold and get a flu shot in October-November period. As Krantovski underlined, as of today there is no better alternative to the flu vaccine. "Vaccinated people have 80% chance not to get flu, and even those 20%, who catch the disease anyway, have it without complications," he summed up.

Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время

Туфли осень-зима Everest