Strategic partnership between Ukraine and Brazil should be filled with specific content, President Viktor Yanukovych said at a meeting with President of Brazil Dilma Rousseff, ForUm learned in the presidential press office.
The sides have discussed prospects of Ukrainian-Brazilian bilateral cooperation, as well as that in the framework of international organizations including the UN. They have touched on the development of cooperation in space, aviation, energy, military, aircraft construction, and pharmaceutics.
Speaking in particular about the cooperation in space industry, the Heads of State pointed out the importance of the Alcantara Cyclone Space project.
Dilma Rousseff and Viktor Yanukovych agreed on the importance of establishing effective cooperation between the regions of our countries. The Presidents also agreed on the expediency of enhancing the links between government and business, including at the regional level. In this context, the sides drew attention to the usefulness of joint events, such as business forums, etc., with the participation of businessmen and governments of the two countries.
The President of Ukraine also praised attention the government of Brazil dedicates to the needs of the Ukrainian community of Brazil.
During the meeting the two Presidents also discussed a number of international issues, including the economic situation in the world.
After the meeting and in the presence of President Viktor Yanukovych and President Dilma Rousseff, a number of Ukrainian-Brazilian agreements were signed, including:
- Agreement between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of Brazil on Military-technical Cooperation;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of Brazil on Cooperation in Healthcare and Medical Sciences;
- Memorandum to Establish the Ukrainian-Brazilian Advisory Committee on Agriculture between the Ministry of Agriculture and Food of Ukraine and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply of Brazil;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine and the Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation Embrapa;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the State Agency for Investment and National Projects’ Management of Ukraine and Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency Apex-Brazil on the Promotion of Bilateral Direct Investment;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine and the Ministry of Mines and Energy of Brazil in the Production of Biofuels.
Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время