WBC Heavyweight World Champion Vitali Klitschko will defend his title against Juan Carlos Gomez of Cuba on March 21 in Germany's Stuttgart, the FightNews website said.

The title bout is being organized by the Klitchko brothers' PR company K2 Promotions with the Cuban being offered $1.2 million for the fight.

Both fighters seem to be confident of victory with Gomez pitying the Ukrainian saying he will not enjoy his champion's belt for much longer.

"I'm sorry for Vitali... he has to lose his title after such a short reign. But I worked long and hard to get this shot and I will win the world championship," the website quoted Gomez as saying.

Klitschko said that he respected his opponent and is not underestimating him, but the champion's belt belongs to his family.

"I won't let anybody take it away from me. Gomez is a very experienced, quick and dangerous opponent... But the belt will stay in the Klitschko family," he said.

Vitali Dr. Ironfist Klitschko (36-2, 35 KOs), hung up his gloves in November 2005 due to a knee injury, but announced his comeback last year. He regained his WBC belt in October last year in Germany when he beat Samuel Peter, dubbed the Nigerian Nightmare.

The Ukrainian earlier said that the bout with Gomez (44-1, 35 KOs) was of little importance to him, and that he was fighting the Cuban because he is the No.1 mandatory challenger.

Klitschko, 37, earlier expressed an interest in fighting undisputed cruiseweight champion David Haye of Britain, who allegedly insulted Vitali's younger brother Wladimir, the current holder of the IBF and WBO heavyweight champion titles.


Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время

Классические туфли мужские