period the Bank proposed to
conditions of broadening of the global financial crunch
Danylyshyn views under this situation the resources of the World Bank still
remain the most competitive at the value of resources for
The Economics Minister is convinced that introducing of the blueprint would facilitate to macroeconomic stability, lowering of inflation level, stabilization of the national system under conditions of the global crunch, trust on financial markets and structure reconstruction in the economy on conditions of worsening of foreign economic conjuncture.
The instrument will be directed to:
- solving of problems in financial sector by means of: 1) support of liquidity and broadening of guarantees in deposits; 2) strengthening of capacity of the banking system including the state funds; 3) regulating of an issue of debts of households and entrepreneurs’ sector;
- lessening of influence of external shocks and reducing of level inflation by pursuing a respective macroeconomic line.
Economics Minister also emphasized readiness of the World Bank to operatively
response and solve issues of providing resource
According to Bohdan Danylyshyn, deepening of cooperation with the World Bank appears pressing not only to overcome the global financial crisis but to solve issues to ensure eliminating of restrictions for the development.
“Ukraine is concerned in obtaining the financial support of the World Bank for realization of infrastructure projects, primarily in those directions where Ukraine bears highest needs while the experience of cooperation appears the most successful: these are introducing of projects in the areas of state municipal and transport infrastructure, energy sectors and energy saving,” the Minister emphasized.
The year of
2008 has become a turning point for optimization of the structure of the World
Bank portfolio in
In 2008 the portfolio of IBRD projects on all stages of the project cycle (initiating, preparing and realizing) has reached almost USD 3.5 bn. So, 9 investment projects were in active phase of realization, the sum of IBRD loans amounts USD 817.517 mn, as well as 1 system project “The Second loan for the development policy”.
September-October of the current year the laws on ratification of agreements into three investment projects under the IBRD support were approved, which gives an opportunity to launch realization of 2 infrastructure and 1 institutional projects to the general sum of USD 390 mn (agreements into the projects are being taken into effect):
- Project on modernization of state finances;
- Project on municipal infrastructure;
- Project on power energy transfer.
Furthermore, initiating and preparing of 4 investment projects of infrastructure development which would enable attracting additional resources in the sphere of energy and transport to the general sum of around USD 1.4 bn is being conducted.
1) Improvement of motor roads and safety of roads;
2) Rehabilitation of hydroelectric power stations;
3) Rehabilitation and development of the system of electric supply of Kyiv;
4) Raising of carrying capacity of Znamyanka-Dzhankoy railway line.
Danylyshyn considers that joint acquisitions with the World Bank can be
noticeably significant and that
“We possess every reason to rely on deepening
of cooperation with the World Bank and other financial organizations,” the
Economics Minister of
With this objective an optimal mechanism for fast and effective applying of IFO resources to finance priority objects of social and economic development has been elaborated.
force of this ordinance respond to urgent needs of international financial
context of the development and deepening of bilateral cooperation
- Energy and energy saving: Project of rehabilitation of thermoelectric power station and Project in electric energy transition 2 phase.
- Development of transport infrastructure: improvement of transport exploitation state of motor roads along the directions Kyiv-Chernihiv-Novi Yarylovychy; Kipti-Glukhiv-Bachivsk; Kyiv-Kharkiv-Dovzhansky; Kyiv-Luhansk-Izvaryne; Kyiv-Chop; Kyiv-Kovel-Yagodyn; Kharkiv-Shcherbakivka; building and overhaul of roads in the directions: Kharkiv-Krasnograd-Pereshchepyne-Novomoskovsk; Dniporpetrovsk-Tzarychanka-Kobelyaky-Reshetylivka; building and improvement of transport exploitation state of motor roads connecting check-points via teh state border with cities of Ukraine which are planned to host the finals of Euro-2012 Football Championship.
- Municipal development: ensuring of improvement of functioning and development of infrastructure of Northern Crimean canal as a strategic priority in the sphere of water supply of Autonomous Crimean Republic; Project of the development of municipal infrastructure (2 phase) of improvement of heat supply of the cities.“
Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время