President Viktor Yushchenko on Thursday demanded in a letter to Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych that his Cabinet should resolve problems in Ukraine’s energy sector and strengthen the country’s energy security, President’s press office reports.
Yushchenko, who discussed energy issues with National Security and Defense Council Secretary Ivan Plyushch, Deputy Prime Minister Andriy Klyuyev and Security Council Deputy Secretary Yuriy Prodan on October 15, insists the Cabinet must:
- take additional measures to ensure that Ukraine joins the Union for the Co-ordination of Transmission of Electricity (UCTE) andthat the technical aspects of Ukraine’s commercial electricity export projects are consistent with its requirements;
- introduce market mechanisms of electricity exports;
- activate the adoption of a program of Ukraine’s integration into Trans-European electricity networks;
- introduce effective mechanisms of the implementation of the Energy Strategy of Ukraine by 15 November 2007;
- submit proposals on the expedience of the elaboration of a plan to reform the national natural gas market by 15 November 2007;
- take urgent measures to promote and improve the safety of the country’s gas distribution facilities.
Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время