President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko and President of Slovak Republic Ivan Gašparovič visited Ukrainian and Slovak cargo terminals at border checkpoint “Uzhgorod”, President's press office reports.
According to Viktor Yushchenko, Ukraine conciders development Ukrainian-Slovak transport cooperation very important. He also informed that in 2008 the Agreement on local border traffic between Ukraine and Slovak Republic will enter into force.
International automobile checkpoint “Uzhgorod” is the largest on Ukrainian-Slovak border.
Main aims of its construction are:
- providing separate service to cargo and civil transport
- creating appropriate conditions for fighting smuggling and illegal migration
- increasing passenger and cargo flow
Reconstruction works on the checkpoint are conducted in two stages:
- in December 2007 construction of the new customs examination complex for cargo traffic was finished
- after that reconstruction of the existing civil traffic customs establishments is planned
Спасибо за Вашу активность, Ваш вопрос будет рассмотрен модераторами в ближайшее время